Thursday, January 17, 2013

Chalkboard Spray Paint

Chalkboard Spray Paint by Krylon my new way to recycle some of the things I have around here that I was not really using anymore.  And of course finding new things to use the chalkboard paint on to give it an extra use.
I got one of the ideas from Simplicity in the south. She made a chalkboard gift for a teacher using a clipboard.  I like the saying she put on the chalkboard and the technique she used for adding the words.  She used Krylon flat paint with primer for her project whereas I used the Krylon Chalkboard Spray Paint.  She has many other DIY Projects on her site that I'm sure you will love.
I grab myself an old cookie sheet type pan.  Sprayed it with 3 coats of the chalkboard paint let each coat dry completely.  Then I printed out my Things to Remember saying to the size I wanted, taking a piece of chalk on its side and rubbing the back of my paper so I could use it to transfer my letters to the dried chalkboard that was just created.  Next took a pencil or pen and went over the letters transferring them to my chalkboard.  Now grab a paint pen in white and fill in those words.  Me being left handed I started from the right working backwards to paint my letters so my hand would rub in the wet letters. Let dry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome.

Featured Post

Picture on Pallet with Tutorial

After seeing all these picture on pallet ideas going around I decided to make my first one. Love how it turned out. For those o...