Saturday, October 15, 2016

OLD MILK CAN PORCH DECOR




This was an easy project using an old milk can.
All you need is
 an old milk can
burlap
raffia
gingham or any other country material you like
some pip berries
rusty star
hot glue gun and glue sticks

First measure around your milk can so you know how much burlap and material you will need to cut the length. Then measure how much you want to cover of the can for your width. I cut the material smaller than the burlap leaving about inch and half space on top and bottom to allow for my burlap to show. But you could cut any way you prefer, this is just how I liked the burlap and material to look.

Ok now after the burlap and material are cut I then attach the burlap first by hot gluing the one end piece to what would be the back of my finished milk can. Then as I was wrapping the burlap I also hot glued here and there so it would stay in place finishing up at the back of the can meeting my starting pieces. Do the same then with the material.
Take raffia wrap around the neck part of the milk can. I wrapped several times til I like the way it looked. I just tied it off but you could make into a bow if that's what you like.
Next took the rusty star, mine had a hole in the one point, added a piece of wire and then wrapped the wire around my raffia in the center to hold star in place. 
Finally took a hand full of pip berries and wrapped their ends around the raffia to secure them in place.
And that was it for my old milk can decor that I kept on my porch. Pretty simple and easy project to do with an old milk can.

***I do recommend that you display anything with the berries in a place that does not get wet.*** 

As always happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome.

Featured Post

Picture on Pallet with Tutorial

After seeing all these picture on pallet ideas going around I decided to make my first one. Love how it turned out. For those o...