Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Picture on Pallet with Tutorial

After seeing all these picture on pallet ideas going around I decided to make my first one. Love how it turned out.




For those of you who would like to DIY on a piece of pallet or really any kind of wood. Here is how I did mine.
Supplies

Piece of Pallet or any other kind of wood
A Picture
A spray clear sealer
Sand Paper
Mod Podge
Stain
Polycrylic or other such type sealer
A quote 
(I used my Silhouette Cameo and created one but you could buy or paint one on.)
Twine
Burlap (only need if making a burlap rose)
rag and Sponge brush ( or whatever works for you to apply Mod Podge)

First I got my picture ready by spraying the top with a clear sealer. I do this so when I apply the polycrylic it doesn't smudge my photograph. Let dry. 
Next prepare your piece of pallet. I sanded the best I could then stained it with a cloth and wiped off access.
Then put a layer of Mod Podge on your pallet where your picture will be placed. I then take the picture and put a light coat of Mod Podge on the back of the photo making sure you get the edges. Oh forgot I tore down the edges of my picture not necessary, I just like the worn look. Now place your photo where you wanted it and smooth out making sure to get out all the bubbles. Keep smoothing. Let dry. 
Now you are ready to apply the Polycrylic. Mine took several layers as I needed a smooth surface for my quote that I did in vinyl with my Silhouette Cameo. After your polycrylic is complete dry you are ready to add your quote and other embellishments.  I wrapped twine across the top and added a burlap rose. 

I will be making more of these pictures with pallets. Would like to see some of yours as well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome.

Featured Post

Picture on Pallet with Tutorial

After seeing all these picture on pallet ideas going around I decided to make my first one. Love how it turned out. For those o...